Thinning hair and hair loss can be attributed to genetics and will take effect as an individual reaches a certain age. This hereditary factor will come directly from a family member and is prevalent in 50% of men and 70% of women once they reach a certain age.
- This genetic disposition is caused by sensitivity to a hormone referred to as DHT (dihydrotestosterone) which is responsible for hair follicles to become smaller and smaller, eventually no longer producing hair.
- For hair loss caused by genetics there are numerous treatment methods. Advice and long-term treatment plan by specialists may include some of the following:
- Medication to counter the DHT hormone and return hair follicles to their original size. This is especially effective in hereditary hair loss in men. Patients should become informed of the side effects of medication prior to consumption.
- Hair stimulating medication that is applied as a lotion whilst providing the same benefits as oral medication. This method is safe, has few side effects, and can be effective for both men and women.
- Follicular transfer is also an effective way to remedy hair loss. This includes transferring hair roots to desired areas. There are numerous methods and technologies that may be appropriate for different patients, the selection of one should be under the consultation of a specialist.
- Synthetic hair transplantation is a method that is highly popular in Japan. However, it has been found to have negative side effects and complications such as a pulled back scalp and color changes. Often, after this process other treatment methods were required.
- Usage of hair fibers that are of the same color as original hair can provide a thick and lustrous hairline.
- Wearing a hair piece is an affordable and effective method that can be considered.
There are a number of health conditions that may contribute to hair loss, such as anemia and autoimmune diseases. Therefore, a regular health check-up is always recommended.
Opportunity to get money at ufa