Different forms of arthritis including gout can cause varying degrees of joint pain and largely disturb daily life and activities. Prevention of arthritis and gout remains essentially vital. Particularly in patients diagnosed with arthritis and gout, diet changes can help controlling the aggravation of symptoms and reducing disease severity in the long run.
Diet Recommendation To Avoid Arthritis And Gout
- It is highly advised to take omega-3-rich foods to avoid arthritis and gout. Researches have clearly suggested that fatty acids found in omega-3 and omega-6 can significantly reduce joint inflammation by blocking inflammatory substances which cause joint swelling and pain. Clinical studies have compared the main sources of omega-3 and omega-6 found in saltwater fish (marine fish) and freshwater fish. It has been indicated that catfish provides 0.46 grams of omega-3 while 0.40 grams obtained from white seabass. However, omega-3 is heat-sensitive fatty acid therefore cooking by using high temperature such as deep fried should be avoided.
- Weight control is crucial if obese. Low-calorie diet intake is recommended with sufficient consumption of the five food groups. Daily eating of at least 400 grams of fiber-rich fruits and vegetables with optimal portion of low-calorie protein mainly obtained from plants is strongly suggested.
- Avoiding the consumption of red meat such as pork and beef.
- Fresh fruits are preferrable instead of fruit juice with high sugar.
- Drinking 8-10 glasses of water per day.
- Alcohol drinking should be avoided.
Opportunity to get money at ufabet